Friday, 17 December 2010

#16 How to find things that you have lost


Whether your house looks like this or is as tidy as a show home, we all lose things. I'm often guilty of having something in my hand one second and losing it the next.

So, onto possibly the most useful tip of all - definitely one I often repeat to myself and my friends, and anyone I find searching. It's alarmingly simple - to find lost items, lift things up. Lift everything up, one a time. It doesn't take long and you'd be amazed how often then thing you're searching for has slipped under or behind something else.

So get lifting. (And if this fails you, you can always do what my grandmother swears by and ask St. Anthony for help... it's worth a shot.)


4 comments:

  1. I always stop and say, "God, you know where it is and I trust you will open my eyes to it." When I don't find it, I have learned the art of waiting, moving on with life until I stumble across it one day - usually while I'm looking for something else.

    However, my boys would be much more successful with your method. They would not make good detectives because they have not learned the skill of looking under things:)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when I can't find something!! Hi~ I am your newest follower from the LBSTP & would love it if you stopped by and returned the love :)

    http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your drawings and posts! I'll definitely remember about lifting things up to find them! Awesome. Thanks for stopping to see me over at Lighten Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's unfortunate is that that never works for me! I swear that every apartment or room I've ever lived in was plagued by little blue elves who would come by and steal things and then put them down in plain view once I had gotten frustrated with looking for them, haha!

    BTW, I'm from LBS. Hello.

    ReplyDelete