Sunday, 5 December 2010

#15 Sewing Machines Are Like Computers



Unfortunately, this is less of a tip and more of an unavoidable truth.

Sewing machines freeze, they crash, they seize up and do things that you have not asked for. And they can make you as frustrated and annoyed as any poorly behaved computer.
In explaining this fact to me, my mother achieved little other than my continued avoidance of sewing machines. The last time I used one, several years ago, I broke three needles in one sitting.

So, approach with caution, and leave extra time for haywire machinery!

7 comments:

  1. Here from the bloghop.
    I follow you on GFC. I'd love for you to follow me back
    Tiffany
    http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com
    Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on tuesday train.
    I love the name of your blog!
    I haven't sewed in a long time, but I do remember all of the things that you mention here. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet blog! Found you through Tuesday Train. I'm now a follower!

    -The Menu Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this blog!

    Following you from BabyDealsDujour, we list all the baby daily deals in real-time. Love to see you on Facebook and Twitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!

    Just found you on the hops and I am your newest follower. Love your blog! Check out my blog and say hi sometime! While you are there you might wanna check out a couple giveaways I have ending this week with LOW entries, so come on by!
    HANDMADE HOLIDAY CARDS FROM ETSY
    CELL PHONE RANGER STIX SIGNAL BOOSTER :)

    ~Sassy
    Single Mama in LA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! I am following you too!

    ReplyDelete